ICICI Bank is among India’s leading private sector banks, established in 1994. Currently, the bank holds 4,874 branches in different parts of India. They have services outside India in 17 countries.
With banking having implemented several technological advancements, they offer digitized services such as Netbanking, debit cards, credit cards, mobile banking, personal banking, and much more. No need for traveling to banks and standing in long lines with these features.
How to Block ICICI Debit Cards and ATM?
Moving on, though several precautionary steps are taken to protect the data and information of customers, customers may have to tackle some problems from their side. As every coin has two sides, digital banking has its cons as well. One such issue is losing a Debit card or ATM card. An instant action that can prevent any forms of further fraudulent activities is blocking the Debit card.
This can be dealt with in different methods according to the available sources. All services are feasible and instant. It is the will and sources of the Customer that pave the way to different methods.
Toll-Free Customer Care (offline)
ICICI Bank provides 24*7 customer service to address customers’ queries at any time. This will ease customer queries and concerns within a phone call. Also, it intends to provide hassle-free and instant actions. Read the following information carefully.
- Dial the ICICI Customer Care Number- 18601207777- with the registered mobile number.
- Verify the Cardholder details with the Customer care executive.
- After recording the necessary information, the customer care executive will block that particular Debit/ATM card.
- If a new card is required, you can apply for a new card by requesting the Customer care executive. Within a few days, a new card will be issued to the cardholder.
Using Mobile Apps
If the user wants to block the debit card through a mobile phone App, carefully heed the below-mentioned steps.
- Firstly, the user should have installed the ICICI Mobile Banking App on his/her device. If the user has installed it, then open the app.
- Secondly, Login using MPIN or Username.
- Thirdly, click the ‘Services & Aadhar’
- Now a list box will appear, from that click “Card Services” after scrolling down.
- After that, it will lead to a sub-menu. There the user has to find the “Block Debit/ATM Card ” option.
- Click that option, and it will show a list of the debit/ATM card.
- Click the Debit/ATM card which the user wants to block.
- Click on the Submit button, with the procedure coming to an end.
Hence, no outsider can access the account with the lost debit/ATM card, and no chance for others to take advantage of that situation.
Using Net Banking
Net Banking, also known as e-banking, is a facility given by the bank to enjoy bank services via an internet platform. For that, each bank will have an option on their website. If the user wants to block ICICI Debit/ATM card using ICICI Net Banking, follow the instructions given below.
- Firstly, visit the website provided by the bank.
- Click continue to log in to the official website of the bank.
- Enter username and password accurately. To continue, click the login button.
- Click the “customer service” option, which will be on the top right side of the website.
- A-List box will appear. From that list box, select “Service Request.”
- This leads to another list box showing various Service Requests from that choose “Block Debit/ATM Card.”
- With that, it leads to another list box containing a list of debit cards.
- Select the debit card that you want to block.
- Finally, click the submit button.
Now, the bank will immediately block the particular Debit/ATM Card.
ICICI Debit Card Benefits
Everything has been reduced and compacted into a single click. Despite digitalization, there are risk factors, especially when it comes to debit and credit cards. Therefore, ICICI Bank made it compulsory to take necessary actions to prevent unwanted thrift and forgery. Before addressing that, let’s look at debit card benefits and their salient features offered by ICICI bank.
- ICICI Bank debit cards guarantee a multitude of benefits. The main goal of debit and credit cards is to ensure that cash is available wherever they are and at any time.
- Their versatile features help the Customer to function many tasks at a single time. Starting from frequent updates on daily transactions via mobile SMS, the alert system helps to track daily expenses.
- Also, all kinds of online transactions are processed only after proper verification through an OTP to prevent fraudulent activities. Apart from safety measures, one can pay bills without physically going to that place, saving a lot of time and energy.
- On the other hand, many welfare programs offer discounts for shopping, dining, traveling and much more. They provide life insurance worth up to Rs 2.5 lakh and purchase protection worth up to Rs 2.5 lakh. All these mentioned benefits apply to all cards irrespective of their card type.
ICICI Debit Card Types
As already mentioned above, various types of cards are available according to the customers ‘ choice and purposes. Let’s have a look at ICICI premium debit card types and their exclusive features.
- Sapphire Debit Card: This card provides a discount of 15% at top restaurants which have access to airport lounges in India.
- Rubyx Debit Card: This card offers payback reward points for every purchase with access to airport lounges in India.
- Coral Debit Card: This card promises a 15% discount on dining and entertainment.
- Expressions Coral Debit Card: This card gives out 1000 payback reward points when purchases are made. In addition, a 10% discount on Ezoneonline purchases.
- Expressions Paywave NFC Debit Card: This card offers contactless payment in retail stores and a personalized card with an image.
All the cards mentioned above yield similar rewards since they are under one classification. Nonetheless, each has its benefits. Some other card types include family cards, shopping cards, business cards, and more. Regardless, one set of cards is under premium, but there are multiple cards under different classifications.
What should I do if my debit card is not working?
If your debit card is not working, contact ICICI Customer Care Service from the registered number. It will guide you through the procedure. The contact number is mentioned above. The number is reachable from all over the country.
How do I activate my new debit card?
To activate the new debit card, use your card for PIN-based transactions such as ATM banks, Merchant outlets, online merchants, etc. Remember, for first-time usage online merchants; the system will commence 3D secure PIN generation.
Should I have to contact my branch office for a new replacement card?
Yes. Though other branches come under the same branch, you should contact the respected branch office where you have an account. If you request a new card from a different branch, they won’t accept it but will guide your branch office. There they will provide you a form to fill in the details.
ICICI bank is one of the most trusted private banks in India. They are known for their customer service; therefore, any concerns will not be unattended. They are always there to guide their customers.
We have seen different methods to block ICICI debit /ATM cards if they have been lost from the cardholder. It can be managed both offline and online services. The process will take less time to implement the action. So that further musical of lost Dr it cards by outsiders cannot let happen.
Also, if the user gets back the card, immediately contact the bank. They will unblock the debit card after verification.