Bank statement plays a vital role in every account as it is a summary of all the transaction took place in the account by the business or a person. Here, you will get the information on how to write a bank statement request letter to the manager.
Bank statement are issued on monthly basis by the bank. It will consist the list of deposits, withdrawal, any service charges, etc. The bank itself sends the statement to the customer every month or keep it at bank so that customer pick it. Thus, it is essential to keep the record of both, expenses and income.
These days, people prefer doing internet banking and they can see their bank statement through their net banking only. They also can view the statement and download the copy but it will be the soft copy only. However, there could be a time where you need a hard copy and then you need to write a bank statement request letter to the manager. Given below is the detail for writing the letter to the manager.
Format of Application Letter to Bank Manager
- Write the recipient name and address- To start your letter, you have to write the recipient’s name and address on the left side of your letter. Here, we are going to write the letter to the bank manager, thus, the recipient will be the manager of the bank. You have to mention the name of the bank, the branch and the complete address of the bank with pin code.
- Write the date below the address- For writing the date when you are writing this letter, you have to mention it below the recipient’s address.
- Write the sender’s name and address- You have to write the address of yours along with your name as you are writing this to the bank. Thus, write your name, your address and area code.
- Subject- Subject is telling about the main purpose of writing the letter. For this, you need to write the goal in one line so the manager can read and understand why you are writing this letter to him. While writing it for your bank, you must write like requesting bank statement for my (account number) from date this to date this.
- Salutation- When you are writing the letter to the bank, you have to use Mr, Mrs, Miss, Respected Sir/Madam. Here, you are writing it to the manager, so you will use Respected Sir/Madam for your manager.
- Body of the letter- The most important part of your letter is the body. It will be divided into three or two parts where the first paragraph will be about yourself and introducing your problem. The second part will be the detailed one where you will have to mention the issue of bank statement and other details like your bank account number, etc. In the last paragraph, you have to request and ask for the bank statement copy.
- End with salutation- To end your article, you need to end with your name and signature.
Bank Statement Request Letter to Manage
State Bank of India
Block A Karol Bagh Branch
New Delhi 113005
Date – 12/3/2021
Mr Pritam Shah Chouhan
Road No. 3
Sector 7, Rohini 116085
Subject – Requesting for Bank Statement
Respect Sir/ Madam,
I am Pritam Shah Chouhan Maintaining a Savings account in Your Bank. I am writing this Letter requesting You to Provide my Bank Statement. My Account Number is 3656-6456-7588, I would be Thankful if you could Provide my Bank Statement of Month of February and March.
As I need to File my income tax return for this financial year, It would be very kind of You if You can provide my Bank statement at earliest. Your agility regarding this will be highly appreciated.
Pritam Shah Chouhan
It is how you can write a letter to the bank requesting the bank statement of your account. We have mentioned every detail you will need while writing this letter. If you are unsure about your writing, you can take a reference from the sample given below and write it accordingly.